8 slices or rashers of pancetta or streaky bacon
175 g (6oz) ciabatta bread, cut into 2.5cm (1in) chunks
500 g (1lb 2oz) skinless chicken breasts
2 Romaine lettuces
25-40 g (1-1½oz) Parmesan cheese shavings
5 anchovy fillets (from a tin), roughly chopped
For the dressing
2 anchovy fillets (from a tin)
25 g (1oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and fry pancetta/bacon until golden and crisp. Lift out on to kitchen paper (keeping any oil in the pan).
- Return empty pan to the heat and add the bread chunks and some seasoning. Fry, tossing frequently, until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat (or use empty frying pan). Put chicken breasts between two sheets of greaseproof paper and bash with a rolling pin until they are an even 1cm (½in) thickness. Brush chicken on both sides with a little of the oil and season. Griddle for 12min, turning once, or until cooked through with golden char lines. Transfer to a board and slice into thick strips.
- While chicken is cooking, make the dressing. In the small bowl of a food processor (or in a pestle and mortar) whiz anchovies, grated Parmesan, lemon zest, yogurt and some seasoning until smooth. With the motor running, add the remaining oil, followed by 1tbsp hot water. Check seasoning and set aside.
- To serve, roughly chop lettuce and toss together with the chicken, croûtons and dressing. Empty on to a platter. Roughly chop the crispy pancetta/bacon and sprinkle over the salad along with the anchovies and Parmesan shavings. Serve.
Slow cooker whole roast chicken
Slow cooker chicken casserole
Slow cooker chicken fajitas
Best chicken recipes
Pressure cooker chicken
If you don’t like anchovies, just leave them out of the dressing and salad.
- Calories: 499
- Fibre: 2 g
- Total carbs: 24 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Total fat: 24 g
- Saturated fat: 8 g
- Protein: 46 g
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
This commenting section is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information on their web site.